How Long Before I See Results From Ab Liposuction?

I got my full abdomen done 2 months ago. I had 600cc removed. As of yet, I have not seen any results. I was hoping to see something but so far my stomach still looks big. My doc did warn me that it could take 3-6 months for full results, but I was hoping to see some improvement. All other posts I have read, people have seen some difference. I also read somewhere that 600cc is not much fat. I'm worried that I have wasted my money. Will I see an improvement soon?

Time for results after abdominal liposuction

+1

After removing 600 cc, you should see some difference unless 1000cc could have been removed in which case, you may not have been a good candidate for lipo and may have achived better results with weight loss followed by targeted liposuciton. Give it at lesat 4-6 months as you r doctor advised.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Don't worry - every day is progress

+1

We find differing liposuction techniques tend to give beginning results at different times.

For example - with the Body Jet liposuction procedure our patients will see definite changes within 1 or 2 weeks. Traditional lipo, power-assist lipo, and Smatlipo all seem a little slower.

Nevertheless- by 4 to 6 months it all evens out;  no matter which technique you choose.

Hope this helps

Chris Peers MD

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results - how long must you wait?????

+1

I tell my patients to wait at least 3 monhs before passing judgment on liposuction.  It is important to make sure you are back to your regular diet and exercise routine and that you are at your post liposuction weight.  In your case, that would be 600 grams (about 1.3 lbs).  Patients can get pretty out of shape in just a few weeks of low activity when recovering from surgery.

If you want to see how much was taken, get about 2 and 1/2 sticks of butter and take a look.  That is how much was removed.

If you need to have more removed, that can be done.  This is a much better situation than your doctor taking too much and leaving irregularities or a too thin (yes, too thin) layer of fat.  That situation can be very hard to treat. 

Oh, one more thing.  My patients forget how they looked before surgery very quickly.  You may be surprised by your "before" photos.   There may be a significant difference that you just do not realize.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Abdominal Liposuction

+1

The results of liposuction should be close to the "final" results between 3 to 4 months after the procedure. In general, there should be a noticeable improvement in the first week after surgery. You swelling improves significantly 3 to 4 weeks after surgery and you should notice a weight loss close to the amount of fat aspirated. Most post-operative photos are taken 4 to 5 moths following liposuction.

The amount of fat removed during liposuction will affect your results. Removal of 600 cc's in an extremely fit individual, as is done in an abdominal etching procedure, will produce a nice result. Removal of this amount in a heavier individual will produce a less dramatic result. I would recommend discussing your concerns with you Plastic Surgeon.

Best Regards, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Liposuction final result seen at 4 months.

+1

Hi.

It is unusual not to see improvement at 2 months, but you should just wait.   600 cc's is not such a small amount.

Liposuction of the abdomen

+1

The amount really depends on what you started with, so for someone it may be adequate for others it may not be.

As for the results, it takes about 4 months before the swelling subsides and you can then appreciate your improvement.  At this point you need to be patient and wait to see how things shape out.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-liposuction-newport-beach.php

Liposuction of the abdomen

+1

It usually takes up to 4 to six months to see the full improvement. The number of ccs of fat removed is important to clarify that it was the supranatant fat, not a combination of fat and fluids in the container of the removed aspirate. If it was 600ccs of the fat alone, then depending on the amount of fat you had initially, which we don't know, that could be a considerable amount and you would see improvement. If however you had a significant abdomen preoperatively then you may not see much change.

It takes about 3 months to see the results of liposuction

+1

Following liposuction, it usually takes about 3 months to see the final results.  It takes about 2-4 weeks for the swelling to go away, and then over the period of about 3 months as the tissues heal and the wounds on the inside contract, the liposuctioned area reshapes itself (contracts).

Depending on how big you are and how much proportional fat was taken out will also determine how quickly you see any improvements.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Small volume liposuction

+1

I believe you asked this before and at that time said you weighed 160lbs.  If that were the case, 600 cc's would be a very small volume of aspirate and you will have a very minimal change probably.  If you weighed 120 for example, the 600 cc's could make a substantial change.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.