How Long Before a Full Tummy Tuck Before I Can Enter a Swimming Pool?

Swimming after a TT surgery

+1

We conduct all of our patients that have a TT surgery that they can resume strenuous activities such as exercising and entering a pool 4-6 weeks after surgery. Although you may feel that you are 100% back to normal capability of doing so, you still do not want to overdo it and wait the minimum of 4 weeks. Please keep in mind and make that all your incisions are completely closed before doing so.

Swimming after TT

+1
You should go with your surgeon's recommendation. In general your incisions should be well healed before you submerge. As for swimming or any other strenuous activity you should probably wait at least 4-6 weeks following TT.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Swimming pool post tummy tuck

+1

I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks after a tummy tuck. Swimming can be a very strenuous activity.   Remember, you don't want to hurt your results or precipitate healing problems.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Swimming after Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

It is very important that all of your incision lines are completely healed prior to you going into any type of "still water" such as a pool, jacuzzi, lake or ocean.  The reason is because we want to make sure you don't have an opening that will allow something to get in and cause an infection.

Generally, in my practice, this time frame is 4-6 weeks post op surgery.

Best Wishes.