How Long Before I Can Get a Fat Graft to Fill in Rippling?

The black lines are where the rippling is visible and palpable and flat My implants are supposed to be under the muscle(not sure as I had a lot of problems with my PS), gel, high profile and round 2nd BS in 7 months and I wanted to know when could I get fat grafting done to cover the rippling and flatness of the breast? Does fat grafting leave scars where the fat is taken from? I had drain tubes and the left scars.

Fat Grafting to the Breast

+1

We often perform fat grafting at the time of breast augmentation.  Thus, there really isn't much of a window needed between time of implantation and fat transfer to the breast.

Fat grafting after six months will help

+1

Your best option is fat grafting by an experience plastic surgeon in fat grafting. The technique for fat grafting is very important for fat cell survival.Do your home work and find a qualified plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to cover ripples that are seen or felt after breast implants is a great and effective technique

+1

You are absolutely correct in wanting to have fat grafting to your breast to hide the ripples that you can see and or feel after breast implants. Since your implants are silicone gel and under your muscle there really is nothing else to offer except fat grafting. I tend to ask patients to wait around six months from their last surgery to allow the tissue to soften and relax. This give a better opportunity for the fat grafting to be done. The scars from the harvesting of the fat and the injection of the fat are extremely small and almost never result in significant scars. 

Make sure your surgeon has a good deal of experience with fat grafting the breasts. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD