On Hormones, How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get Breast Augmentation? (photo)

How Long Before Consideration Would I Able to Have a Augmentation to my Breasts?im on Hormones for One Month Now.

Breast Augmentation and Hormonal Therapy?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

I'm assuming you  may be a transgender patient in transition? If so, there is no magic number of months to be hormonal therapy prior to breast augmentation surgery. Most of my patients in your situation, however have waited at least one year after  having started estrogen therapy to have their breast augmentation performed.

Transgender hormone therapy before breast augmentation.

+1

There is no exact answer about when to consider augmentation after starting hormone therapy.  In my own opinion I feel that 6 to 12 months is reasonable to see how much of your own breast tissue develops.  Once you have reached a stable size it will be easier to pick the implant best achieved your goal.

Good luck with your transition.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon