How long before I can get back to intensive exercise?

I just had an otoplasty done. This is day 2 of my recovery. I am heading to my doctor to get the wrapping headband removed. Most people on this site seem to answer that the wrappings get removed after 2-4 days...mine are getting removed today. Is this an issue? Should I bring it up with my doctor? Also, when can I start CrossFitness again? I exercise about an hour and a half daily, 6 days a week...when can I get back to it?

Wait 3 Weeks for Strenuous Exercise After Otoplasty

+2
This is a great question. At my San Francisco facial cosmetic surgery practice, I typically remove a patient's bandages 2 to 3 days after otoplasty. However, I recommend taking it easy and avoiding strenuous exercise (such as CrossFit) for 3 weeks after surgery. While you'll be ready to debut the new you much sooner, you will want to protect your sutures and keep the area clean and dry as much as possible. Watch the above video to learn more about the placement of otoplasty sutures, and check out the recovery timeline on my website. By the way, good for you for keeping such a dedicated exercise routine!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise After Otoplasty

+2
In most cases, patients who undergo an otoplasty procedure are able to resume normal activities in a week or so, though it's recommended they continue to avoid strenuous activities until their ear has completely healed. Typically, I recommend that patients refrain from exercising and sports until three months after surgery, though you should speak with your surgeon to determine a recovery timeline that is appropriate for you.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Recovery after otoplasty

+2
I would say that it is fairly routine to have the head bandage removed about 2-4 days after otoplasty.  When you go in to have the bandage removed you should ask when you can resume exercise.  Your surgeon may have a particular time frame that he or she likes to follow for exercise after surgery and it is always best to follow the advice of your surgeon since he or she has the most information in regards to you and your procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon