How Long Before I See Asclera Results?

I had asclera a week ago on my right thigh and the ONE spider vein I wanted dissolved is Still there and now I have a bunch of red puncture marks and a hard mass the size of a English muffin in the area. Are the puncture marks going to go away? Will the mass go away? And will the One main vein eventually fade? I'm worried I had someone who didn't know what they were doing. :-(

Asclera Results

+1
Sclerotherapy takes several treatments depending on the severity of the veins.  You will initially have bruising at the injected area. It can take several weeks for the bruising to go away from the treatments.

Asclera Results?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend following up with your provider. Leg vein therapy generally requires more than one treatment to get better results. I would recommend avoiding sun exposure to the area to prevent hyperpigmentation. If you're having any pain to the area, I would recommend seeing your MD to get treated immediately. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Asclera is FDA approved

+1

Asclera is FDA approved for sclerotherapy and is used quick widely for this purpose. There is also an FDA approved STS product.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Spider vein treatments with Asclera and Polidocanol injections for spider veins

+1

I am a specialist in Asclera and Polidocanol injections for spider veins.  I tell my patients in Los Angeles (warmer climate) that it will take one to two months for the full benefits to show. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Asclera results take up to one month

+1

Maximum fading or clearance of vessels requires up to one month.  Visible, undesired veins that are still present after one month will require an additional treatment.

Robert Strimling, MD

Asclera

+1

Asclera is a very good product. However, Asclera injections are very technique oriented. You need someone with experience. However it is not uncommon to need a touch up. The larger the vein the more dificult it is.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Asclera treatments really do work well.

+1

Spider veins are not "dissolved" with sclerotherapy. The sclerosant injected causes the vessel lining to become irritated and disrupted resulting in a clottted vessel. The vessel and clot then need to be broken down by natural healing processes that may take several weeks to even a few months. If you have a mass or redness after any procedure it is best to follow up with your provider for a quick evaluation to make sure there is not a problem.

Kevin M. Johnson, MD, FACS
Coeur d'Alene General Surgeon