I Am 5'5 150 Pounds and a 34 C Now, Surgery in 2 Wks, Am Going for a Fuller Larger Look ( D or DD) is 475 Cc a Good Choice?

My doctor gave me 3 implant choices, 400 , 450 , and 475.I want to make sure im getting a much fuller look. Im really trying to get cleavage and nicer firmer fuller breasts to match the rest of my body. Shes going under the muscle using moderate plus and saline. I went with the 475 cc. So they are using the 450 implant and filling it to 475 cc or to the doctors discretion. Is this a good choice? I know you cant accurately determine cup size but im looking to be a large D or DD.

Choosing a breast implant size

+1

Choosing a breast implant size is a very subjective decision.  You need to try these sizes on in the office and make sure you like the look before surgery.  Good luck.

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

It would be nice if you provided RealSelf with photos and measurements.  Without this vital information it is difficult to make specific recommendations.  The size you have selected seems appropriate.  Your surgeon is in the best position to judge.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Which sie for breast augmentation?

+1

Thanks for sharing your story. Any size recommended should be based on measurements and your goals. However, a recommendation cannot be made online because there is no examination. A useful tool in our office is the breast volume sizing system which is made by Mentor and makes patients feel so much more better about choosing a size. See if this is available?  Good luck. Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Augmentation size

+1

There will be very little external difference in the sizes that you are considering.  At recommended fill volumes, the difference in projection from a 400 to 475cc implant is only 3 millimeters.  I think the more important thing to consider is future complications after augmentation of an already decent sized breast.  Although you will acheive a dramatic result, you will be at high risk for future sagging or bottoming-out, which often requires revision surgery.  These problems can be very difficult (and costly) to fix.  I would make sure that you have consulted with a well-respected, board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD

Is 475 cc A Good Choice?

+1

There is very little size difference with the implants you mentioned.  Try on sizers while discussing this with your plastic surgeon.  This is a better way to determine the size that looks best on you. Best of luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Is 475 Cc a Good Choice?

+1

This is not the kind of question that can be resolved over the internet. Without photos it is not likely that any specific advice you might get on line would be particularly helpful. 

Trying on sizers I find to be the most useful way of helping to choose the implants for surgery. I doubt anyone could tell a difference of 25 cc in an implant of the sizes you are considering. Even 75 cc would not make too much of a difference. 

Best is to explain your goals to your surgeon, and between the two of you choose the implant.

All the best. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question  but, despite your good description of body type and goals, precise advice cannot be provided to you online.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.