Can an old scar on my bottom lip be removed?

When I was 10 I got in a fight and my enemy threw the first punch which caused my tooth to hit my bottom lip . The impact was kinda strong and my tooth cut my lip . I have a scar on the bottom of my lip on the right side . It is kinda noticiable because it looks swollen wich makes one side bigger then the other . I am 16 and I am wondering what can I do to remove this scar . Will I need plastic surgery ? How much would it cost ?

Lip scar revision

Our office specializes in lip scar revision. White scars and lumps on the lips can be corrected surgically with a minor lip revision procedure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Can scar on bottom lip be removed?

Pictures would be helpful to give you the best advice, but from the description of the scar on your lower lip, I would say that it is possible that a surgical scar revision could improve your scar.  This procedure could be done in the office with just local anesthesia.  The cost is going to vary by surgeon.  I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon