Can an old scar on my bottom lip be removed?

When I was 10 I got in a fight and my enemy threw the first punch which caused my tooth to hit my bottom lip . The impact was kinda strong and my tooth cut my lip . I have a scar on the bottom of my lip on the right side . It is kinda noticiable because it looks swollen wich makes one side bigger then the other . I am 16 and I am wondering what can I do to remove this scar . Will I need plastic surgery ? How much would it cost ?

Lip scar revision

+1
Our office specializes in lip scar revision. White scars and lumps on the lips can be corrected surgically with a minor lip revision procedure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Can scar on bottom lip be removed?

+1
Pictures would be helpful to give you the best advice, but from the description of the scar on your lower lip, I would say that it is possible that a surgical scar revision could improve your scar.  This procedure could be done in the office with just local anesthesia.  The cost is going to vary by surgeon.  I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon