How long will my cheek and nose swell? (photo)

hi. i just had my surgery 5 days ago. im just worried about my swelling face and nose. i had a close rhinoplasty and implant. i currently have chubby cheeks, big nose tip and some yellow bruises under my eyes. i look funny. how long will my cheek and nose swell? thank you

Five Days Post Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
Dear Pichan, You have swelling that is common after rhinoplasty and you will need to go through the recovery phase of at least a few weeks to see the immediate swelling dissipate. After that the majority of the swelling will dissipate over the next few months and final swelling to resolve over a longer period of time. See your surgeon if you have any further concerns during this time. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.d.

How long will I be swollen after a rhinoplasty?

+1
Dear pichan:

• Five days after rhinoplasty, your swelling is just starting to come down.If you are asking for the final result, it will usually take about six months for the swelling to go down.
  • If you have any questions or concerns, please bring them up to your surgeon who can reassure you.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani, M.D.

Nima Shemirani, MD

Swelling After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1
You can expect to have swelling for at minimum 6 weeks. Most of the swelling is down by then and then you can expect up to a year for all the swelling to resolve.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Time for swelling and bruising to resolve in the cheeks and nose

+1
After rhinoplasty, bruising and swelling around the nose and cheeks can vary in duration and severity. From your photos, it appears that you have minimal bruising 5 days after your nasal surgery. In general, bruising can take 1 to 3 weeks to fully resolve. As the bruising resolves, so does the swelling. You can expect the swelling in your cheeks to get better than the swelling in your nose. If you still have concerns, its best to address these questions with your plastic surgeon at your next follow up appointment. Looks like you're doing well. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD