How Long After a Breast Reduction Can U Get in the Gym?

I'm 5'7 204lbs, and I'm up to do my breast reduction in 2 wks. I've reschedule twice to lose weight. The first time I did it and gained it back due to a tragedy and the second just didn't lose the weight. I have plans on starting back next month. I know its best if you lose the weight first but I don't want to keep putting it off. How long after surgery can I start working outA

Breast reduction

+2

For my patients the thing I worry about the most is a hematoma/seroma. This can happen from too much activity too soon. I prefer they wait 3-4 weeks to go back to aerobics and  6 weeks or so to heavy lifting

Return to Exercise after Breast Reduction?

+2

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to resuming activity postoperatively. He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications.

Generally speaking, patients in my practice are able to resume walking  and lower body exercise ( such as stationary bike)  relatively early after breast reduction surgery ( 5 to 7 days).  Again, best to check with your own plastic surgeon.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm