One Breast Closer to Arm Pit - 3 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I'm 3 weeks post OP and feel like my right breast is closer to the arm pit. It has been like this since day-1 and I'm also concerned about the space between my breasts. I got 2x 325cc silicone unders. What should I do? I'm 100% sure my old/smaller breasts were perfectly symmetrical, but my surgeon said all breasts are slightly assymerical. Is it too early to get concerned? How long should wait in case I need another surgery? Is it possible that my right breast comes closer to the center?

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to see your pre op photos to see if the left breast was more to the side pre op.

It is early at 3 weeks to be too concerned. Your implants will become settled and drop. Hopefully since the implants are under the muscle the normal action of the muscle will tend to push the implant down and towards the center of your chest.

Be sure to express your concerns to your surgeon.

Spacing Differences after Breast Augmentation

+1

The spacing may be a preexisting element, or the chest wall may be more narrow on one side.  These things are magnified by increasing the apparent breast tissue.  Please post preop photos for precise interpretation. 

Breast Asymmetry And Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the picture.  It may be that breast has a slightly wider pocket.  This could be due to your pre-surgery anatomy.  The best thing to do is to sit down and visit with your PS including your before pictures to discuss your concerns.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

One Breast Closer to Arm Pit - 3 Weeks Post

+1

Need to post before photo so we can compare! But I believe the result is a magnification of the before differences. Best to allow more healing time and do massages. You can obtain in person second opinions if you desire. 

Breast asymmetry issue

+1

First, all breasts are asymmetric and it would have been interested to see your pre-op photos as well. At this point it is a wait and see thing and give it 3-4 months. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

It is difficult to tell a whole lot from this picture so I will ask this question.  When you lie flat on your back, do your implants fall into your armpits?  If that is the case then perhaps your breast pockets were opened up too far laterally.  You are only three weeks post-op so you are still fairly early in the recovery process.  Conservative measures might help this problem.  You might be able to press your breasts more towards the mid-line by wearing a compression-type garment.  I don't really evaluate my results until three months after surgery.  If your problem persists at this point then a secondary surgery may become the only way to correct the problem.  When I see patients whose breast implants slide too far into their armpits, I correct this by using two or three layers of stitches inside the breast pocket to reconstruct the pocket and position the implants where they are supposed to be.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Positioning of implants

+1

The biggest issue I see is the somewhat wider cleavage line. I would try to massage the implants toward center for a at least 2-3 months. While this will not make the implants go away from the axilla, they may make them closer together. However, revision may be ultimately needed.

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymetry 3 weeks post op

+1

Thanks for the question. At this stage I advice my patents to start breast exercises which is nothing but trying to move your implant over your chest in a circular manner 10 minutes 3 times daily.In a situation like you I will advise to move the implant towards the desired directions during this massage and I aloes use a kind a surgical bra which is nothing but a 4 inches wide strap to hold both breast together since most breast fall apart after augmentation. I hope this help your situation. Wishing you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

You may want to try a compression garment

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Either your pocket was created asymmetrically or your muscle is tighter on the breast implant that is more lateral (toward arm pit).  At this time it is reasonable to wait and to wear a compression garment that pushed the implants toward one another.  There is no right amount of time to wait for a revision but I would give it a good 3-6 months to assess how everything heals and changes.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Check your preop photos

+1

MOst all plastic surgeons take preop photos.  Ask your doctor to review yours with you.  Often patients have more asymmetry that they ever thought they did.  I can see the lateral position you are concerned about.  Have the surgeon check this out again because it isn't likely to change.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS