How long a bartender need to wait until getting back to work after a breast augmentation procedure?

I work in a night club and through the nature of my job I lift bottles ( 1-2 liters) in a fast pace throughout the night all the time. In about two weeks time I will have my breast augmentation done in the same time with liposuction on my back and front. How long do I need to wait until I can come back to work? Thank you kindly, M

Bartender and breast augmentation

+2
I tell  my patients to avoid heavy lifting for about 6 weeks. Light duty is ok within a week or two. Best to ask your surgeon.  Good luck.

Time off Work for Bartender

+1
Light duty can be resumed after 5 to 7 days. More intensive work such as heavy lifting may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your surgeon as he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Three to six weeks

+1
I normally recommend patients plan to be off work for up to 5-7 days if their work is sedentary, but you'll be on your feet throughout your shift and lifting bottles. As a result, I recommend you wait at least 3-6 weeks. 

However, you should ask your surgeon for their advice. They may have different guidelines.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Return to Work after Breast Augmentation

+1

Recovery from surgery is different for every patent and is dependent on factor such as whether you are having the implants placed above or below the muscle, the size of the implants you are having placed and the laxity of your skin and thickness of your muscles and individual factors which are unpredictable.  Some patients are out and about the same night or the next day and other patients take several days until they are feeling better.  For patients with strenuous jobs, it is a good idea to take a week off of work to be safe, but you could possibly go back to work sooner.

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD

+1

Your plastic surgeon alone should be your resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedures performed.

He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care. Having said that, most patients in your situation (relatively  strenuous or fast paced work) are able to return to work approximately 10 days to weeks after the procedure was performed.

Time off after a breast augmentation

+1
I would probably recommend taking a week off. I would listen your plastic surgeon's recommendation on postoperative care and ask them what you can do and cannot do. I have many patients that are able to return to work sooner than a week, but their jobs are less demanding than yours.  If you think you can follow your surgeon's guidelines and still work than you can give it a try. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for breast implant surgery

+1
Every surgeon will have their own post operative protocol and you will need to follow the instructions from your surgeon. But in general, I would suppose that you could return to work about 2 weeks after surgery. Lifting 1-2 liter bottles shouldn't be a problem at that time, but heavier lifting should be avoided. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon