How Long Until the Average Zeltiq Patient Starts to Notice Results?

I got Zeltiq done on 3/29/11. It's been one month and one week and I really haven't noticed a difference. I'm 5'2" and 117 lbs, so I'm thin, but I've always had larger than expected love handles/lower stomach. I'm starting to get worried that I'm not seeing results, as many patients report that they saw a difference after one month. Is it normal that I'm not seeing anything yet? I know that they say the full result isn't until 4 months after, but when should I first start to see it working?

CoolSculpting Results Can Take 2-3 Months to Show

+4

After using CoolSculpting for over 1 year, we have found that only a few patients will show results in as soon as 1 month, but a more consistent finding is that it takes 2-3 months to see the final result.  So we typically see patients  for follow up between 8 - 10 weeks.  At that point, we can make an assessment if the treatment worked well for them, if they need another treatment in the same area or if they would like to treat a different area.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

How long until I see results after Coolsculpting treatment

+3

The average is about 2-4 months after your treatment when you would begin to see results. Final results are usually seen by 4-6 months.

There are some patients who can begin to see changes even earlier and this is more frequent with the large applicator.

Clinical trial data has shown for most people, a 2nd treatment within about 2 months of the first does lead to greater reduction. This is best to be discussed with your treating physician and can determine which would be ideal for you based on your exact body concerns

How Long Before I see Coolsculpting Results?

+3

Hi,

On average, most patients start noticing a difference in the way their clothes fit and how they look right around 3-4 weeks.  Some patients have reported changes in as early as 1-2 weeks.  However, you will continue to improve for 2-4 months after your treatment as long as you maintain your ideal weight.  Every one of our patients at two months have been very happy with their treatments and want to do more areas!  Be patient, you will see results!

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq Procedure Results, Coolsculpting Treatment

+3

Yes, this is normal - some patients start to see Zeltiq results as quickly as three weeks after  treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. But your body is still flushing fat cells and will continue doing so for up to four to six months after treatment. You can also attain further reduction with an additional procedure resulting in a higher percentage of fat loss. Some patients though, find that one treatment fully addresses their goals. You and your doctor should discuss and design a plan that suits you best.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results Can Be Seen In 3-4 Months

+2

When patients undergo coolsculpting it may take several months to see a result. Most patients are able to see their final results in about 3 to 4 months after the procedure. Following the procedure cells respond slowly to injury and gradually undergo cryolipolysis. This accounts for the delayed clinical response to coolsculpting.

Patient selection also plays a role in the post-operative response to coolsculpting. When patients have small localized fat collections responses tend to be more noticeable then when patients have large amounts of fat.

It’s important to be patient following coolsculpting. Given adequate time most patients are very happy with the results from this procedure. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq Coolsculpting Results are seen within four weeks

+2

We have been using Coolsculpting in our practice since it's FDA approval. Our patients are showing results consistently by four weeks and continue to improve over four months. The results have been excellent for reducing fat.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How Soon after CoolSculpting Will You See Results?

+1
Studies show that results take two to four months to show..

I hope you will update us with your results!

CoolSculpting Results

+1

Some patients notice improvement in the areas treated by CoolSculpting within two to three weeks. The entire process of improvement may take two to four months. Anyone undergoing CoolSculpting should plan on more than one treatment in the area in which improvement is desired.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How long before Zeltiq results are noticable?

+1

Results with Zeltiq (CoolScultping) are generally not seen immediately.  Since the body naturally expels the fat cells (damaged by the cold during the Zeltiq treatment), results emerge slowly, over the next 4 months.  You should begin to noticeably see results about 3-4 weeks after your CoolSculpting procedure.  Then, over the next 12 weeks, you should slowly notice a 20-25% reduction in fatty tissue in your treatment area.  I generally recommend that my patients wait 2-3 months, after their initial CoolSculpting treatment, before deciding to do a second  procedure.  While the second Zeltiq treatment can result in another 20-25% reduction of fatty tissue, and sculpt the area even farther, a follow-up procedure is not always necessary. 

Houston Dermatologist

CoolSculpting Results

+1

You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.