How Long Until the Average Zeltiq Patient Starts to Notice Results?

I got Zeltiq done on 3/29/11. It's been one month and one week and I really haven't noticed a difference. I'm 5'2" and 117 lbs, so I'm thin, but I've always had larger than expected love handles/lower stomach. I'm starting to get worried that I'm not seeing results, as many patients report that they saw a difference after one month. Is it normal that I'm not seeing anything yet? I know that they say the full result isn't until 4 months after, but when should I first start to see it working?

The norm with CoolSculpting is that patients can take up to three months to see a noticeable effect on their skin. And when you break this down even further, most of the clinical work that has been done with this device shows that with each treatment that you lose about 20% of the fat in the treated area, so several treatments are usually needed — something we now call Treat to Transformation.
You must make sure you are getting your treatments at an office that is very qualified, and most of us would recommend a board-certified dermatologist's or plastic surgeon's office for these procedures. If you were not given an adequate consultation before the procedure, you may be thinking that the procedure, one month out, does not work. But give it time, do the appropriate follow-up and I am sure you will be happy in the end.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

2000 Richard Jones Rd.
Nashville, TN 37215

How long until I see results after Coolsculpting treatment

The average is about 2-4 months after your treatment when you would begin to see results. Final results are usually seen by 4-6 months.

There are some patients who can begin to see changes even earlier and this is more frequent with the large applicator.

Clinical trial data has shown for most people, a 2nd treatment within about 2 months of the first does lead to greater reduction. This is best to be discussed with your treating physician and can determine which would be ideal for you based on your exact body concerns

Lori A. Brightman, MD

317 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016

CoolSculpting Results Can Take 2-3 Months to Show

After using CoolSculpting for over 1 year, we have found that only a few patients will show results in as soon as 1 month, but a more consistent finding is that it takes 2-3 months to see the final result.  So we typically see patients  for follow up between 8 - 10 weeks.  At that point, we can make an assessment if the treatment worked well for them, if they need another treatment in the same area or if they would like to treat a different area.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

4081 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103

How Long Before I see Coolsculpting Results?

On average, most patients start noticing a difference in the way their clothes fit and how they look right around 3-4 weeks.  Some patients have reported changes in as early as 1-2 weeks.  However, you will continue to improve for 2-4 months after your treatment as long as you maintain your ideal weight.  Every one of our patients at two months have been very happy with their treatments and want to do more areas!  Be patient, you will see results!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

3991 MacArthur Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Zeltiq Procedure Results, Coolsculpting Treatment

Yes, this is normal - some patients start to see Zeltiq results as quickly as three weeks after  treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. But your body is still flushing fat cells and will continue doing so for up to four to six months after treatment. You can also attain further reduction with an additional procedure resulting in a higher percentage of fat loss. Some patients though, find that one treatment fully addresses their goals. You and your doctor should discuss and design a plan that suits you best.

Karyn Grossman, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

1301 20th St
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Notice results

Depending on your metabolic system patients can start to see results as early as three weeks but typically see peak results at 2 months. The body continues to eliminate dead cells up to four months. Make a follow up appointment at 2 months post treatment to have your practitioner re access treated area. You may want to treat a second time to get desired outcome.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

8929 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

CoolSculpting Results Can Be Seen In 3-4 Months

When patients undergo coolsculpting it may take several months to see a result. Most patients are able to see their final results in about 3 to 4 months after the procedure. Following the procedure cells respond slowly to injury and gradually undergo cryolipolysis. This accounts for the delayed clinical response to coolsculpting.

Patient selection also plays a role in the post-operative response to coolsculpting. When patients have small localized fat collections responses tend to be more noticeable then when patients have large amounts of fat.

It’s important to be patient following coolsculpting. Given adequate time most patients are very happy with the results from this procedure. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

Zeltiq Coolsculpting Results are seen within four weeks

We have been using Coolsculpting in our practice since it's FDA approval. Our patients are showing results consistently by four weeks and continue to improve over four months. The results have been excellent for reducing fat.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

230 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33444

When should you notice results

Most of our patients start to notice results 4 weeks after the treatment.  Optimal results are usually achieved after 3 months.  You mentioned you are relatively thin.  I do tell thinner patients that Coolsculpting will reduce the fat layer by 20%-30% on average.  So 20% of a little bit is still a little bit.  In my experience thinner patients will see more of a subtle results while larger patients may see a more noticeable result from the treatment because they have more fat to loose.    

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

244 Country Club Road
Eugene, OR 97401

How long does it take to see results after CoolSculpting?

Initial results start to appear about 3 weeks after treatment with CoolSculpting, but your final results are 3-4 months after the last treatment.

Carmen Kavali, MD

6045 Barfield Road
Atlanta, GA 30328