How Long Until the Average Zeltiq Patient Starts to Notice Results?

I got Zeltiq done on 3/29/11. It's been one month and one week and I really haven't noticed a difference. I'm 5'2" and 117 lbs, so I'm thin, but I've always had larger than expected love handles/lower stomach. I'm starting to get worried that I'm not seeing results, as many patients report that they saw a difference after one month. Is it normal that I'm not seeing anything yet? I know that they say the full result isn't until 4 months after, but when should I first start to see it working?

CoolSculpting Results Can Take 2-3 Months to Show

+4

After using CoolSculpting for over 1 year, we have found that only a few patients will show results in as soon as 1 month, but a more consistent finding is that it takes 2-3 months to see the final result.  So we typically see patients  for follow up between 8 - 10 weeks.  At that point, we can make an assessment if the treatment worked well for them, if they need another treatment in the same area or if they would like to treat a different area.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

How long until I see results after Coolsculpting treatment

+3

The average is about 2-4 months after your treatment when you would begin to see results. Final results are usually seen by 4-6 months.

There are some patients who can begin to see changes even earlier and this is more frequent with the large applicator.

Clinical trial data has shown for most people, a 2nd treatment within about 2 months of the first does lead to greater reduction. This is best to be discussed with your treating physician and can determine which would be ideal for you based on your exact body concerns

Lori A. Brightman, MD

How Long Before I see Coolsculpting Results?

+3

Hi,

On average, most patients start noticing a difference in the way their clothes fit and how they look right around 3-4 weeks.  Some patients have reported changes in as early as 1-2 weeks.  However, you will continue to improve for 2-4 months after your treatment as long as you maintain your ideal weight.  Every one of our patients at two months have been very happy with their treatments and want to do more areas!  Be patient, you will see results!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq Procedure Results, Coolsculpting Treatment

+3

Yes, this is normal - some patients start to see Zeltiq results as quickly as three weeks after  treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. But your body is still flushing fat cells and will continue doing so for up to four to six months after treatment. You can also attain further reduction with an additional procedure resulting in a higher percentage of fat loss. Some patients though, find that one treatment fully addresses their goals. You and your doctor should discuss and design a plan that suits you best.

Karyn Grossman, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results Can Be Seen In 3-4 Months

+2

When patients undergo coolsculpting it may take several months to see a result. Most patients are able to see their final results in about 3 to 4 months after the procedure. Following the procedure cells respond slowly to injury and gradually undergo cryolipolysis. This accounts for the delayed clinical response to coolsculpting.

Patient selection also plays a role in the post-operative response to coolsculpting. When patients have small localized fat collections responses tend to be more noticeable then when patients have large amounts of fat.

It’s important to be patient following coolsculpting. Given adequate time most patients are very happy with the results from this procedure. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq Coolsculpting Results are seen within four weeks

+2

We have been using Coolsculpting in our practice since it's FDA approval. Our patients are showing results consistently by four weeks and continue to improve over four months. The results have been excellent for reducing fat.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Most doctors will give you a range of 1-3 months for maximal results. I had the procedure on my love handles and noticed results in 2-3 weeks. 

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

When can you see the results from Cool Sculpting

+1
On average you can see them at 2 months.  If it is for the lateral thighs after a Cool Smooth treatment it may take 4 months. It is important to have your photos taken before and after for comparison and to have your weight before and after treatment.  Cool Sculpting does  work!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Zeltiq Results

+1
Clients can see results as early as 4 weeks, but typically it takes 6-8 weeks to start noticing the change.  End results can take up to 3-6 months.  Be patient, the technology works.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

How Soon after CoolSculpting Will You See Results?

+1
Studies show that results take two to four months to show..

I hope you will update us with your results!

Sheryl D. Clark, MD