What long and short term damage is caused by not icing ones face after laser surgery for brown spots and red veins?

It is day 4 and my eyes are black, face swollen but spots healing well. Will I have premature wrinkles and loss of fullness in the face? I think my skin tone is darker. I did not ice as often as should.

Icing after laser Rx

+2
What laser treatment did you have done?  Icing helps to decrease swelling after any surgical procedure.  After smaller procedures such as IPL, I usually only have people ice if they seem unusually red or if I worry they may blister.  If your eyes are black, you must have had a fairly aggressive laser.  While you probably did no harm by not icing, it may take you longer to heal.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon