How Long After Vaser Lipo Does the Bruising Go Away & How Long Should You Wear the Compression Garment?

+2

Thank you for your question. In my practice, I use the VASER liposelection most of the time. This allows me to do both deep and superficial fat liposuction for better body contouring. Because the VASER helps remove the fat from more fibrous areas without increased cannula trauma, I find that the patients have minimal bruising. I also use Epifoam over the liposuctioned areas, and this eliminates bruising completely. I have my patients wear a compression garment 24/7 for the first week and during the day only for another two weeks. See a board certified plastic surgeon well versed in this technology. Remember, this is a tool in the plastic surgeon's tool box and the tool is only a good as the surgeon's experience and judgement. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

How long for bruising after VASER and how long for compression

+1

Typically, most bruising (if you have it) is resolved by 2-3 weeks after VASER Liposuction. The areas which tend to be bruised most are the inner and outer thighs. Taking Arnica Montana and Bromoline prior to the surgery and for 2 weeks afterwards helps minimize the bruising. I tell my patients that a compression garment needs to be worn for 2 months following the procedure for 24 hours 7 days per week. They can only remove the garment to shower. Having lymphatic massage and external ultrasound starting the day after VASER lipo helps to minimize edema and bruising dramatically. Also, having a nutritionally sound diet is important.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Bruising is somewhat dependent upon the amount of fat removed, the areas targeted, and the individual's response.  The compression garment should be worn as the surgeon instructed.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA