How Long After a Tummy Tuck Do You Have to Wait to Get Your Belly Button Pierced?

How long after a tummy tuck do you have to wait to get your belly button pierced?

Belly Button Piercing After Abdominoplasty

+2
What a great way to showcase your new flat tummy!! I instruct my patients to wait until the umbilicus is fully healed. In most cases this occurs at 4-6 weeks. Ask your surgeon for their thoughts on this and have fun.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Ring

+1

As long as your umbilicus incision is closed and healed you can proceed with piercing it. I would recommend 4- 6 months.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Belly Button Pierced- OK

+1

The belly button after a tummy tuck is a very sensitive area.  It must be fully healed before  I woud consider a ring.  The incision needs to heal and tolerate a forieign body.  I would wait 4 months if all goes ok.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Piercing belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Piercing of the belly button has become very popular in Los Angeles, especially since women can wear open cloths. tummy tuck is also very common procedure in Southern California. If you are considering a belly button ring after a tummy tuck you need to wait until your umbilicus has completely healed. this usually takes at least 6-8 weeks.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS