How Long After a Tummy Tuck Can You Stop Applying Micropore Tape on Your Incision?

Stomach

How long to tape a tummy tuck scar

+2

I recommend taping for three months. I have found that it is the most reliable, easiest, and cheapest ways to keep a scar thin and flat. You only need to change the tape every 3-4 days. Just pat it dry after showering. There are many other products out there if your skin gets irritated from the tape.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

When should I stop using tape?

+1

In my practice, I use micropore paper tape on all incision lines after surgery and continue using the paper tape for six to eight weeks. The patient is given two roles of this breathable paper tape and is taught how to clean the wound and change the tape every other day.  In a recent paper that compare taping of wounds to other scar treatments and to no scar treatment, the paper tape was shown to be as effective as scar gels and creams, and also helps with quicker fading of the scar color. After eight weeks you can stop taping, although some patients like the tape and continue for up to 3 months. Good luck and thanks for the question.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon