How Long After a TT Can I Get BBL? (photo)

I am having a TT with liposuction on the 29th of June how long do I need to wait to get a BBL? Wanting liposuction of the lower, and upper back, flanks and pos. knees - my ps that is doing my tt said I will have PLENTY of fat for a bbl after my tt- just what every girl wants to hear.

Wait three months after tummy tuck to do more surgery.

+4

Hi.

It is very wise not to do the butt lift at the same time as the tummy tuck.  After three months, you will see the results of your initial liposuction.

Timing of second surgery

+3

Six weeks after a tummy tuck is a good time to have another procedure. By then the patient is fully recovered, and able to withstand another procedure. One of the risks one wants to avoid is deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary emboli, and spacing the surgeries should be quite safe.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Timing of Brazilian Butt Lift AFTER Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+3

Some Plastic surgeons would perform Liposuction, fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) and Tummy Tuck all at the same time. Others would stage / separate these procedure to increase your recovery comfort and reduce surgical complications. There is no absolute answer.

When the surgeries are separated, I would prefer to wait 6-8 months to allow nearly complete healing and resolution of swelling befotre going back with another procedure. This not only increases your comfort but allows your surgeon to see the final Tummy Tuck / Lipo result AND if needed, make a few necessary revisions while performing the lipo and fat grafting to the buttocks.

Remember- this is NOT a race. To get good results you have to get each step done "right" not fast.

Peter A Aldea, MD