Timing To Use Creams & Injections for Keloids or Hypertrophic Scars in a Face Lift Around the Ears? (photo)

How Long After Surgery Should I Wait to Use Creams & Injections for Keloids or Hypertrophic Scars in a Face Lift Around the Ears

Treating face lift scars with IIT and laser

+1

I would begin IIT and vascular laser immediately to try and improve a facelift scar behind the ear.  Treat early. 

Hypertrophic Scars After Facelift

+1

Based on this photo in what appears to be several months after a facelift, there appears to be a hypertrophic scar related to excessive skin tension at the time of closure.  Although silicone based scar treatments may be of some benefit, I would hold off on steroid injections unless a true keloid appears (the scar grows in a botyroid fashion beyond its natural boundaries).  However, in circumstances like this, scar revision is often the ultimate solution.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon