How long after surgery would it be until id be able to go back to ab exersizes?

ab excersizes like pole dancing flipping upside down on the pole, modern dance using alot of core....and will it be like im starting all over again to get the core strength im at now (which has taken me about a year of intense training to get to...im 45 years old with six children.....

From 6 to 8 weeks more or less

+1

For this sort of things is best to contact the doctor who performed the surgery, In my experience from 6 to 8 weeks is a good time to start exersising the abs, that being said, its best to contact your doctor before starting a new exersise regimen after surgery.

An exercises after tt

+1

I ask patients to stay out of the gym for 6 weeks and avoid dedicated ab exercises for 8 weeks. Hope that helps

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

When to resume strenuous abdominal exercises

+1

General exercise can usually be resumed at 6 weeks after tummy tuck surgery. For intense exercises like the ones you mention, you should plan to wait about 3 months. It will take you a few months to build yourself back up. But if you are in such good before surgery the down time won't take that much out of you. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Core exercise after tummy tuck

+1

I tell my patients that they are safe to return to abdominal and core exercise 6 weeks after their abdominoplasty surgery. At that time, it will not feel perfectly normal yet, but you should be safe to proceed. It probably won't be like starting over completely, but it might take 3-6 months to get you back to your current strength condition.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How long after surgery would it be until i'd be able to go back to ab exercises?

+1

It is usually best to wait at least 6 weeks before performing core exercises of that intensity.

Abdominal exercises after tummy tuck?

+1

Recovery time following a tummy tuck depends primarily on how extensive the procedure is whether the abdominal muscle was repaired, and your individual ability to heal.
Following a tummy tuck, most patients are able to gradually return to limited exercise 3 weeks after surgery, but no impact or moderate weight activities until 4-6 weeks after the operation. I would recommend waiting 6-8 weeks before resuming strenuous exercising in order to limit the risks of complications and to avoid undoing the muscle repair.

You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, who should be certified
by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. It is important to follow all of
his or her instructions.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal exercises after tummy tuck

+1
Thanks for your question. I recommend that patients who have had a muscle plication as part of their tummy tuck wait six to eight weeks before returning to vigorous exercising involving the abdominal muscles.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

I let my patients walk or treadmil for first month then a bit more for next month. Core at 2 months post op. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Abomen Exercises after Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said, although I allow my patients to start exercising at about 3 weeks post op, it depends on how well they are healing and also the intensity of their work out. It sounds like you exercise program is very intense. You should consult with your board certified plastic surgeon who can determine when you can resume your dancing as every patient is different,

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS