How Long After Smart Lipo is It Safe to Get a Touch Up? (Lower & Upper Abdomen)

How long to wait for touch up following SmartLipo?

+2

Generally you should wait 6 months to consider getting a touch up following SmartLipo or any Liposuction treatment.  I've actually had a patient who demanded a touch up at 3 months.  When she showed for her actual touch up at 6 months the "deformity" had disappeared!  It can truly take the tissues 6 months to remodel following this procedure.  So it's best to be patient and wait. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Preferably no earlier than 6 months for Smart Lipo touch up

+1

The beauty of Smart Lipo vs. just tumescent liposuction is that skin tightening and tissue remodeling continues to take place up to 6 months after SmartLipo laser body sculpting. We offer Vaser Shape external ultrasound device (no downtime) post-op to speed up resolution of skin irregularity and thereby minimizing need for touchup.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Six Months Smartlipo Revision Time

+1

Like any liposuction procedure, one should wait long enough until they are sure that what they are seeing is not going away or getting any better. Given the traumatic nature of any form of liposuction, it usually takes a full six months until all tissues has settled and the swelling has completely gone away.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

6months to wait

+1

I recommend patients wait 6 months  before a touch up.  I have seen many cases of slightly irregular areas heal and even out by 6 months post smartlipo - eliminating the need for a 2nd procedure.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Touch up after smart lipo is safe after 3 months, but it is better to wait 6

+1

I think that after three months one can safely go ahead with a touch up if necessary, but I usually recommend to wait 6 months.

I use Smartlipo at least as an addition in the great majority of cases when I remove fat, and I have found it beneficial to wait at least so long.

It is not unusual to see patients who may ask for a touch-up at three months, and when they come to six months they are perfectly happy...sometimes you are well advised to wait just a little bit longer.

Alexander Aslani, MD, EBOPRAS
Spain Plastic Surgeon

How Long After Smart Lipo is It Safe to Get a Touch Up?

+1

In my practice I recommend 3 months of lymphatic massages and external ultrasound therapy. Than after the 3 months if sa T/U is needed than I will do. You must be aware that the risk of burns increases in doing touch ups. Regards