How Long After a Rhinoplasty with Tip Work is the Tip Sensitive to Bumps, etc?

Today I was putting on an elastic headband and it snagged under my nose tip and pulled it up with it. It hurt and is still sore now, about 6 hours later. How likely is this to cause changes in the final result of my refined tip? I know the doctors have told me to ask my surgeon and trust me if I could reach him I would ask him. Unfortunately, I cannot reach him or see him for that matter so I need to consult with the pros here. Thanks.

Tip Sensitivity after Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip can be sensitive to the touch for several months after surgery. If you're concerned about compromising your result secondary to tip trauma, avoid being hit in the nose for 6 weeks. Use common sense - don't start playing rugby 7 weeks after your operation. It is extremely unlikely you did any harm with your headband.

Rhinoplasty tenderness

+1

Everyone is a little different, but I agree with the other docs, it could last 6-12 months.  It also depends on how hard you hit it.  I wouldnt worry about any aesthetic changes, it should be fine by tomorrow.

Nose injury after rhinoplasty

+1

It would be very unlikely to have an adverse effect on the outcome of your surgery based on thenature of the injury. You should not worry.

How long after a Rhinoplasty is the nose vulnerable if bumped

+1

The problem with any of us giving advice is we didn't do your Rhinoplasty and have no idea what techniques, sutures, incisions, grafts, degree of difficulty went into your Rhinoplasty.  It's highly unusual that a patient not be able to communicate with the Rhinoplasty surgeon unless the surgeon has retired or has passed away.  In that case, you should find an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon in your area and have your nose examined and take it from there.  having a copy of your op report would be helpful for that surgeon to make an accurate evaluation of the situation.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

+1

It is unlikely that you have caused major damage to your nose from pulling the tip up with a headband. I would still try to see your surgeon and most likely, he/she will not do anything. If on the other hand you noticed a major change in the shape of your nose or excessive swelling, then you will have to wait several months before doing anything about it.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgeon and rhinoplasty

+1
Why can't you reach your surgeon? Unfortunately, there are many practitioners of cosmetic surgery who are not easily accessible to their patients during the postoperative period, which I have great difficulty understanding.
Having said that, it is not unusual for the nose to be sensitive for up to a year or so after rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://miamiplasticsurgeon.com/services/nose-surgery/

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tip sensitivity following rhinoplasty

+1

Tip sensitivity following rhinoplasty tends to parallel swelling/edema.  This usually lasts 6 months to one year.  Ibuprofen may help intermittently.  Physicians often offer steroid injections for tip edema, but this practice may lead to thinning of the skin and pigment abnormalities.  Otherwise, it just takes time.

Hope this helps!

+1

Following tip rhinoplasty  the nasal tip remain sensitive for several months and sometimes even over one year ,it all depends on the amount of the cartilaginous work and the approach ,open vs close techniques.