How Long After Rhinoplasty Can I Smoke Marijuana?

My rhinoplasty is today and I was wondering how long can I smoke after Rhinoplasty? I'm not a heavy smoker at ALL.

Smoking and Nose Job

+2

Forget about it!!! Your lungs have just had general anasthesia or if it was local anasthesia your body has just had a physical insult. Your lungs do not need inhaled cannibis on top of it! Cannibis causes bronchitis when inhaled. If you want  to try to relax grab an edible; cookies, candy, tinctures, etc. NOT inhaled. And remember it is an illegal drug unless you are a member of a California dispensary.

Enjoy.

I hope that this is helpful for you . Jon Sattler, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, California.

Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana Use after Rhinoplasty

+1

Ensure that you are breathing normally prior to even considering using marijuana.  It will be at least 3 - 4 weeks depending on how you heal.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Marijuana after Rhinoplasty

+1

You say you're not a heavy smoker, but you're askinking when you can resume smoking marijuana before you have recovered from anesthesia after rhinoplasty. Smoking should not compromise your final result, but will delay healing secondary to nasal and pulmonary irritation. I suggest you wait 3-4 weeks.

How long after Rhinoplasty can I spoke Marijuana

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the absolute worse thing to smoke after a Rhinoplasty is marijuana.  The smoke contains irritant that prolong nasal swelling and increase nasal scar tissue.  I have seen this happen and will not take any Rhinoplasty patients if I know they'll smoke for a year after the Rhinoplasty...after that...doubt it has much effect.  Be very careful.

Marijuana

+1

The smoke from marijuana is probably a bit stronger than regular cigarettes. I think you should wait until you nasal breathing is normal

David A. Bray, Sr., MD