Nasal Spray After Rhinoplasty

How long after a rhinoplasty is it safe to use fluticosone nasal spray for allergies?

Nasal Spray After Rhinoplasty

+1

The role of nasal spray after surgery is important. I would minimize the use of anything other than a saline nasal spray and occasionally one can use an Afrin type spray to use for decompression if one will be flying during the first 4-6 week post nasal surgery. Steroid nasal sprays should be avoided for 4-6 weeks especially if one has had any type of septal work done.

Allergy nasal spray okay two weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It is acceptable to resume use of nasal sprays such as Flonase two weeks after the rhinoplasty procedure. If you have severe allergies, an over-the-counter antihistamine such as Claritin can be used the first two weeks after the rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Allergic Nasal Sprays after Rhinoplasty

+1

I advise patients to avoid nasal sprays for about one month after septorhinoplasty. Remember, patients normally have temporary nasal obstruction after surgery. Hopefully, you won't need intanasal allergy medication when healing is complete. We have shared our recommendations, but follow your surgeon's directions. 

I allow my patients to resume nasal-steroid sprays around 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

If my patient for Rhinoplasty Surgery has nasal obstruction before surgery, then I will usually address this during surgery. I may routinely perform septoplasty and turbinate reduction at the time of Rhinoplasty to improve the nasal airway. Most of my patients will not require any nasal sprays after Rhinoplasty, but if they're necessary, I would allow usage around 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Allergy Nasal Spray after Rhinoplasty

+1

As other rhinoplasty surgeons have already mentioned, generally wait one month before resuming allergy nasal sprays. Allergy medication may no longer be required after rhinoplasty if deviated septum surgery, turbinate reduction, or sinus surgery was performed along with the rhinoplasty. Speak with your plastic surgeon, as each situation is unique.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal steroid usage after rhinoplasty

+1

I typically recommend to my patients to wait about three weeks after they have their septum operated on with their rhinoplasty before using flonase. Sometimes I will allow them to use it after two weeks if they are just having a rhinoplasty. The only real harm is that if you use it too soon it can cause more drying out of your healing nose and possibly lead to some nosebleeds. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal sprays after rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal sprays can probably be restarted 3-4 weeks after rhinoplasty as long as the incisions internally ahve healed.  Speak with your doctor.

How soon for nasal sprays

+1

I think that now we the realm of treatment and I would leave this to your surgeon to determine.  Why not call the office to find out as each one of us has different protocols depending on the surgery, type of patient etc.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Three weeks for resuming nasal steroids after nose job but discuss with your surgeon prior to commencing

+1

Depending on the complexity of the procedure, previous surgeries, status of the lining of the nose, use of grafts, etc, I generally advise my patients to wait at least 3 weeks before resuming decongestants and nasal steroids.  However, this is not fixed in stone and I would discuss your unique situation with your surgeon.

Steroid allergy nasal spray should be safe four weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

After a rhinoplasty procedure the nose is fully healed after four weeks so it should be safe to resume your fluticasone nasal spray at that time. Keep in mind that your nose may still be congested for up to six weeks or so before the airway settles in. It takes at least this long before you will be able to breathe without congestion, and it may pay to wait longer if you can get by without the medication. Remember to stop if you feel the spray is causing irritation.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty