How long does it take after rhinoplasty for the swollen nose to go back to normal and do I need to do any massage? (photo)

Hi everyone, Two weeks ago I had a rhinoplasty and I'm concerned with the results. I had a small bump on my nose and I wanted my nose to be in a semi-circle shape. I was expecting the upper bridge of the nose to be lower, so I'm not quite satisfied with the current shape. So I was wondering if this is as a result of my nose being swollen and if I need to do any massage so I can give it the desired form? Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing your advice Best, Alisa

How long does it take after rhinoplasty for the swollen nose to go back to normal and do I need to do any massage?

+2

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Lower Dorsum At NasoFrontal Junction

+2
It appears there is some swelling and you are only two weeks post op rhinoplasty. It takes 4 weeks for 50% of the swelling to resolve, and  3 months for 75%. It takes one year to see the final result. Consult your surgeon and be patient. If you are not satisfied, seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon