How Long After Rhinoplasty Will I Know if 3/4 View Bumps Are Really Gone or if It's Just Swelling? (photo)

It feels like bone on upper third sides but i cant imagine it still is since it was to be removed. How long until I know if bone wasn't reduced enough or if it is swelling?

Splint Removal and Dorsal Hump Concerns after Rhinoplasty

+1

The dorsal contour after a few days will have swelling that will obscure results for at least 3 to 6 months and maybe up to a year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Post of rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is still swollen and you need to give it more time to determine if the nose has been adequately reduced.

How long for bump to disappear

+1

In 2-3 months you should have an idea, but it'll take up to a year for the nose to "finalize" its appearance.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concern after rhinoplasty

+1

I assume that the post-op photo is 7-10 days after your surgery. As others have said swelling in that area is expected after osteotomy(bone breaking) is done. It may take up to 6 months for swelling in this area to fully resolve, and a year for swelling around the tip to fully go. Your early photo looks good, I think all will be OK

Bumps After Rhinoplasty Are Common- Be Patient

+1

You didn't say how far after surgery you are in your question, but the caption to your picture says that it was taken a few days after the cast came off. If this is true, it will take at least several months top see the ultimate result with regards to the bridge of the nose. The area you are concerned about is the spot where the nasal bones are broken during a rhinoplasty. The fracture causes some irritation and swelling in the tissue on top of the bone which will cause some lumpiness that will ultimately resolve. Be patient (if it is still present 3 months or so after surgery, a simple in office procedure can likely take care of it). Good luck. 

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumpy nose after rhinoplasty

+1

You pictures show a thin nose without a lot of fibrofatty tissues that might obscure underlying support. The dorsal contours are well defined which suggests to me that an inadequate resection or inadequate carving was done.  If you are more than 3 months post-op I think you are seeing close to the final result

+1

You did not post your post operative time as of now. But at 3 months you should be seeing the appearance. 

Swelling of nose

+1

it is difficult to tell in the single view you posted, but you really have to wait anyway for the swellilng to go down.

Postoperative rhinoplasty

+1

The tip of the nose takes much longer to heal and the bridge of the nose. Full healing of the rhinoplasty is at least a year in length. Most patients are  Able to see the dorsal profile it a few months after the surgery depending upon how thick  their skin is. Best to check in with  your original surgeon for postoperative advice on your rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://seattle-rhinoplasty.com

Rhinoplasty Healing

+1

Thank you for the question and your pictures. Depending on how far along you are in the healing process, there could be some swelling still present. The swelling tends to take longest to go away at the tip of the nose, not the bridge, however. When a nose is reduced and the bones are reshaped, sometimes small irregularities will still be palpable (you can feel them) but may not be obvious visually. You should talk to your surgeon, and if you are not satisfied with the answers, seek a second opinion. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/revision-rhinoplasty.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon