How Long After Radiesse is Injected in Marionette Lines Should I Expect to See Results?

I had Radiesse injected into my marionette lines a week ago and don't see any difference. How long do I have to wait to see improvement?

Radiesse works immediately after injection

+1
Radiesse is a filler that works to add volume deep below your skin. Sometimes if your wrinkle is closer to the surface you might need a more superficial filler in addition to Radiesse. Examples of these include Resylane, Juvederm. These are the softer fillers the other physicians are talking about. However the Radiesse you received should still help you to achieve your goal, just at a deeper level.

Austin Dermatologist

One week after Radiesse

+1

Greetings Joyce~

A week after injections with Radiesse the majority of swelling will have subsided and you should be seeing what your results are.  If you don't see the correction you want then most likely you just need more Radiesse.  It is always best to follow up with the office that injected you and decide the next step.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

Results with Fillers

+1

Radisse should be injected to complete correction. What you see is what you get at the time of injection. Radiesse works quite well in the marionette lines, but if not skilfully injected can make you look like a chipmunk.

Jon M. Grazer, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Volume is an important factor in results

+1

Radiesse, or softer fillers such as restylane or juvederm can sometimes require more filler than one might have initially thought. I would suggest going back to your doctor to see if additional product might get you the result you are looking for.The results should be immediate.  I would probably blend in the softer fillers the closer to the mouth you get. 

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results After Radiesse

+1

Radiesse results should be immediately apparent. If no result is noted, it is usually related to insufficient volume of Radiesse injected, or possible to poor technique.  Radiesse typically works very well for marionette lines.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Immediate results with Radiesse

+1

With Radiesse , or any dermal filler, the results should always be immediate. There is always a chance of bruising,swelling, and redness that may last a day or so. After that has diminished, you should clearly see a noted difference. It is quite possible that the injector did not use enough product to bring you to optimal correction. Additional filler can safely be added resulting in the correction you desire.

Joseph Serota, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Results with Radiesse are immediate

+1

Results with Radiesse are immediate.  If you do not see any difference at this point, you are likely not going to see any further changes.  Furthermore, I would definitely recommend using a softer filler around the mouth area - such as Juvederm or Restylane.  These softer fillers are much more natural feeling around the mouth.  We do not recommend Radiesse for use in the lips or around the mouth.  

Sam Naficy, MD