How Long After a Primary Rhinoplasty Can I Get a Saddle/Ski Slope Nose Corrected?

I had a rhinoplasty two months ago to correct a minor hump, the rhinoplasty was definitely over agressive as I really wanted to avoid an operated ski slope look, which is what I got. My nose no longer has any height to it, and what is more I have a very noticeable indentation between the bony and cartilaginous part, which I presume is only going to get worse with time. For an augmentation rhinoplasty must I still wait 12 months before a revision?

Correcting saddle/ski slope

+1

I would recommend waiting at least six months, nine if possible. The main reason for this is to allow enough swelling to resolve so that you don't under correct during your revision. I know it's frustrating to wait but time is on you side with this issue. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the saddle nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the saddle nose is usually done 6 to 12 months after the primary rhinoplasty. The reason for this is that you may want to alter other parts of the nose. Also the nose still being swollen and you may want a larger graft. Therefore I would not do this before six months.

Ideally revision rhinoplasty is done in one year

+1

Though it can be frustrating to not have the results you want after one year, it is ideal if you wait one year before rushing into a revision procedure.  The nasal tip can be swollen for many months and may give the illusion of a worsening ski slope appearance but once the swelling dimishes this may improve.  I tell my patients that if your body improves it even 20% then that is 20% less that would need to be done during a revision rhinoplasty procedure.  That being said, if it appears that the deformity if worsening, it may indicate that revision can be done sooner. 

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

This is a frustrating situation, and, in these cases, I will tend to operate sooner due to nature of deformity and position on dorsum.  You have to weigh the risks of intervening sooner against the relative deformity.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

When to re operate after a problematic rhinoplasty

+1

Although most surgeons adhere to a policy of waiting approximately one year before re operating on a nose, this time frame is rather arbitrary and not necessarily optimal in many situations. In your case the indentation will likely become worse over time as the soft tissue continues to contract. Since it is clear that it won't get better with time I don't think you must wait until "a year". If the middle vault is already becoming skeletonized then I would recommend surgery soon. I  believe you could have surgery once the surrounding swelling has abated enough to allow the surgeon to have an idea of how much to build you up to balance things out. You don't want to have surgery while there is still significant swelling because then it might be difficult to judge just how much to augment or alter other things that might ultimately become problematic.