How long after open rhinoplasty can I expect the swelling to begin to alleviate so I can see what it really looks like?

Swelling after rhinoplasty...

+1

The amount of swelling varies from patient to patient. However, in most cases 90% of the initial swelling resolves in the first 3 months.

hang in there!

best,

Dr. Michael

+1

The amount of swelling and the rate of reduction in swelling are based upon many variables. The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.