How long after open rhino will the swelling abate also the outside nostril looks uneven?

How long will swelling last after open rhinoplasty?

+1

Post-operative swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions in the meantime, as they know the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Swelling After Open Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling typically takes about one year after a nasal procedure to decrease. If you really look critically at a nose, you may expect to see some changes even 3-5 years after your result. Unevenness of nostrils sometimes improves after time, so keep in close communication with your surgeon.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.