How Long After Major Breast Reduction Until I See my New Size Breasts?

I had a breast reduction 4 weeks and took 900cc out of one breast and 870cc out of another. I was a 40G and was hoping to be a small C. (My doctor and I discussed this prior to surgery.) I had the anchor procedure done and 2 drainage tubes for 9 days. I tried on a 40C bra underwire bra today and it was a real tight fit. I am thinking I might be a small D, about a full size larger than my goal. My breasts don't look too swollen to me, so is this my final size? How long until I know for sure?

Final bra size after breast reduction

+1

Postoperative swelling may last for several months after surgery, although with the amount of resection you've described, there should be an appreciable difference. I hope you're pleased with the result and that it's alleviated your symptomatic complaints. One of my pet peeves is that no two bras are created equal!! One manufacturer's 40C is another's 38D. This is incredibly confusing and frustrating for paitents. The question isn't which bra fits you better as they are so variable but whether you are happy with the size of your breasts now. I'm also not a fan of underwire bras immediately after surgery. If you're uncertain of which size should fit, a good brassiere shop can recommend and tailor a bra which provides appropriate support and an optimal fit.

Breast Reduction Results?

+1

It usually takes at least 6 months after breast reduction surgery to see the final shape and size of the breasts. It is hard to promise or predict  final cup size after breast reduction surgery. With breast redcution breast tissue is removed and   the breast shape and position are changed. This change in position and shape alone may result in a different cup size or a different level of filling  the cup of a bra.  For example, a breast that sits lower on the chest wall may require a larger cup size bra than the same volume breast sitting higher on the chest wall.

Therefore you should not  base your goals or the success of your operation  based on a cup  size which may vary depending on who makes the bra.

Breast final volume

+1

Every bra company is a bit different and therefore, I can never guarantee cup size to a patient.  On the other hand you are only 4 weeks out from surgery and you probably stil have some breast swelling as well which should subside over some time.

Sizing Things Up!

+1

First and foremost I do not guarantee size after breast reduction.  It is very difficult to achieve.  You are only one month out from surgery and your breast will continue to soften over the next 2-5 months.  Give it more time before you try to determine your ultimate size.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast reduction and still too big.

+1

This may be 90% of your final size and you may experience some decrease in swelling. You may be able to further reduce your breast size with liposuciton in 9 months time if you remain larger than your desired size.