How Long After Liposuction on Abs and Back Before Can I Fly (8 Hour Trip)?

Are there any suggestions to reduce any possible complications? There is a possibilityn I will need to fly 10 days post op. Or 17 at the most.

Major complication is deep vein thrombosis - safe to fly 2-3 days post treatment

+1

The major complication with flying after liposuction is the development of a deep vein thrombosis. A liposuction procedure performed with tumescent anesthesia usually only requires one to wear an abdominal compression garment for 2-3 days.

Liposuction performed under general anesthesia usually requires one to wear an abdominal  compression garment for several weeks. Wearing an abdominal compression garment will impede blood flow from the legs to the heart and may increase the risk of developing deep vein thrombosis.

As long as you take a baby aspirin once a day and wear properly fitted graduated compression stockings on the legs, you should be able to safely fly 8 hours in 2-3 days once the abdominal compression garment is removed and no longer required.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Flying after liposuction surgery

+1

This really depends on the patient's medical history, age, how much liposuction was performed, etc.  I have patients who fly in for surgery and then fly home within a week but you should get clearance from your surgeon since he/she knows your medical history and the extent of your liposuction procedure.