How Long After Juvederm in Lips Will It Take for my Smile Not to Feel Stiff? (photo)

I got my injection 2 days ago and some of the swelling has gone down. When I smile, it pulls and feels stiff. Will it soften? Also, when I look down, it feels heavy. Does that mean I got too much? It doesn't look like too much from the front. From the side I feel a bit duckish , especially when I smile, but that could be the swelling. Thoughts? Should I go have some removed or wait it out and see if it softens and improves?

How Long After Juvederm in Lips Will It Take for my Smile Not to Feel Stiff?

+1
Give it a full 2-3 weeks for any swelling to resolve and to let your body will adjust to the filler.

Tight Lips Two Days After Juvederm Injections to Lips

+1

Natural2011, It is normal for lips to be swollen, tight  and even bruised for a week or two after injections.  Most tightness will gradually resolve in next week, if not sooner. Be patient.  They look like they are going to be just right after the swelling goes down.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Juvederm to Lips may feel tight for a few days

+1

Dear Natural 2011, I would wait some time to let the swelling completely dissipate and I think you will be fine. It is common when there is some slight bruising to feel tightness and this should be reduced in a few more days. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD