How Long After Cheek Implant Removal Can I Do Ulthera?

I am planning on removing cheek implants cause they make my cheeks look too big, I regret getting them =( I was wondering if I want to do ulthera after that to help tighten lose skin on cheeks and other parts of the face after that. How long do i have to wait after the removal do to ulthera on my face? Also, if I had rhinoplasty with medpor implant 3 months ago is it too soon to do ulthera?

Ultherapy after cheek implant removal is safe

Ultherapy after cheek implant removal is safe and can be performed without risk of causing problems with healing. As in any procedure, I recommend waiting 2-3 months before anything like Ultherapy is undertaken so that helpful pre Ultherapy baseline pictures can be taken to compare to post Ultherapy pictures at 6 months follow-up. If the healing from implant removal overlaps the treatment and healing phase of Ultherapy, it will not be clear how the non invasive procedures helped. 

Read the Ultherapy book on the link below. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

Go ahead!

In my opinion, it does not really matter what your time frame is. Ulthera will be safe and effective.  Remember, Ulthera is non surgical.  you are not disrupting blood supply like surgery!

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

328 East 75th Street
New York, NY 10021

Utlherapy for lifting sagging skin after facial / cheek implant removal

You should discuss this with your surgeon as they would have a good idea as to how the surgery went and if you need more or less time to heal.  It could take six months or more for the collagen of the vicinity of the cheek implants to mature after the implants are removed and you might only want to have the Ultherapy when the tissue is "mature."

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Ulthera and Facial Implants

The short answer to your question is that you should wait a minimum of 6 months but better a year after placement or removal of facial implants before contemplating Ulthera.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

7900 International Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425