How Long After Implant Removal Can You Replace Them?

I was explanted about six months ago with no redo(they were removed under local and basically just popped out), because my right implant kept shifting inwards and up. Prior to removal I had my right one redone and my doctor did internal sutures to keep the problem from recurring but it did anyways. Now when I lay back or lift my arms I can see an indentation where the sutures are. Will this go away? If I wanted to get small implants put back in is this possible? How long would I need to wait?

Breast revision should be safe after 6 months

+1

Complete healing for any surgery takes approximately one year.  However, 6 months ought be adequate for you to consider further surgery since your implants were not replaced at your last surgery.  

With regard to your indentions, you may wish to ask your plastic surgeon whether the internal sutures are permanent.  If they are, then your indentions may also be permanent (in the absence of further surgery).

Although smaller implants may be placed, additional internal sutures may be necessary (particularly on the left) to prevent the implants from "swimming" in the current pockets.

Revision Timing

+1

If you've waiting six month, you should be fine to consider revisional breast implant surgery.  Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Re-augmentation Timing?

+1

Direct physical examination and a full discussion/communication of your goals will be necessary to advise you precisely. However, you should be ready to undergo breast reaugmentation of the breasts  at any time (given that you are already 6 months out of your breast implant removal).

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.