How Long After Hyaluronidase Can You Have More Juvederm Injections?

I had juvederm injections 3 1/2 weeks ago and one side is uneven which I am being told is swelling but I'm certain its not swelling and is product. I am considering Hyaluronidase but would like to know how long this stays in your skin for and how long I will have to wait to have more jevederm injections by a more skilled doctor

Hyaluronidase and when and how much and the newxt Rx?

+2

Hyaluronidase is wonderful and I have corrected many overdone Restylane-Juvederm injections including one of my own patients.    The good news is that the product can be removed almost instantly by hyaluronidase.  When this is necessary, wait at least 4 weeks for all to settle down.   Generally when this misfortune occurs, surgeons will do the followup treatment free of charge.  Some fillers such as sculptra and rdiesse cant be removed and you must let them wear out.  The fact that juvederm is easy to reverse is actually a blessing when needed.  Good luck.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Waiting period after hyaluronidase

+1

I have had good success using hyaluronidase selectively to correct overinjected areas.  The effect is rapid, usually within 3 days but I would advise waiting about a month before reinjection with Juvederm to insure all changes from both filler reduction and swelling are complete.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juverderm injections after hylauronidase

+1

Great question!  The half life of hyaluronidase is about 3 days, so with a single local injection, its effect should approach zero in 3-4 weeks.  So I would wait about 4 weeks, before reinjecting an area previously treated with hyluronidase.  All the best, Dr. Vartanian

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm After Hyaluronidase

+1

If you are not happy with your current Juvederm result and have a Hyaluronidase treatment to correct the problem, you should allow 3-4 weeks prior to considering further injectable.  However, prior to proceeding, sit down with your Doctor of choice and review your treatment goals.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon