How Long After Gastric Bypass Are Plastic Surgery Improvements an Option? (photo)

Ok long story short, 5'6, 170 lbs, mother of 4, wife to deployed soldier, since Jan 2011 , 2 chosen, 2 not. One of the chosen was gastric bypass in Jan. I have recently posted a question about breast size for a lift and augmentation which I went through with and am still on the fence with it. I would love to have my inner thighs, tummy and arms done but am unsure of the timeline to have it and the price. Also being in a small town the docs that looks good on paper could be gouging to the pocket.

Timing of Body Contouring Surgery after Weight Loss

+3

Hi there-

The highest rates of patient satisfaction and the lowest revision rates with body contouring surgery occur when the procedures are performed well after the weight loss has stabilized. In my own practice, I like to know that the patient has been steady at her current weight for at least 3-6 months before surgical intervention (depending on the procedures desired and planned). 

The photos you posted of your breast outcome appear to have been taken very soon after surgery and you should be encouraged that this outcome will improve over time as swelling subsides, scars fade, and the shape of the breasts evolves...

With regard to your comment on the services of surgeons with the best reputations costing more, it is important for you to understand that this has always been, and will always be, the case with educated professionals.

The best accountants, architects, artists, lawyers, and yes- plastic surgeons, are going to charge a bit more for their services. In the end (that is, when you look in the mirror for the rest of your life), you will be happy you paid a bit more for the best outcome and the highest level of safety provided by those at the top of their field.

When should I have cosmetic surgery after weight loss?

+1
I like my patients weight to have stabilized for a period of time before I perform the removal of the excess skin and reforming of different parts of their body. I also want them to be in excellent health and understand the limitations as far as scars are concerned. I listen to my patients, then explain the different options available. Many times I can combine procedures to decrease costs as well as offer discounts if they agree to appear on TV. I do have many patients from out of our area that I arrange to consult with with Facetime or Skype.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon