How Long After Fraxel Re:pair Do I Have to Wait Before I See the Full Collagen Regrowth?

I had a fraxel re:pair last thursday and was wondering when will the collagen growth come and fill in the little holes that were put into my skin

3-6 months

+1

The simple answer is that in three to six months you should be able to see collagen regrowth. That is the general time frame.

Healing after Fraxel Re:Pair

+1

The small dots should go away within a couple of days to a week after any fractional laser treatment. As to collagen, you can see additional improvement, though usually minor, for 4-6 months after carbon dioxide resurfacing.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long After Fraxel repair Does Collagen Growth Continue?

+1

Hi rber,

It takes a few weeks after Fraxel repair for the micro-laser dots to go away (depending on the magnification mirror that you are using).  Best to be patient and follow your treating physicians instructions.  Collagen production continues for about 4 to  months following Fraxel repair.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD