How Long After a Closed Reduction to a Broken Nose Before I Can Exercise And/or Play Sports?

My nose has slightly (and to some, unnoticeably) curved to the right.

Wait Six Weeks

+1
I generally recommend to my patients that they refrain from exercising for 6 weeks after surgery. Exercising can contribute to swelling, which will slow down your rate of recovery.

Broken nose and playing sports

+1

it is always best to check with your surgeon on what the limitations they have placed after your  Broken nose procedure.  In our practice, we recommend 2 weeks of no exercise  and 6 weeks for no contact sports.

Sports after broken nose

+1

You should be able to return to exercise 3 weeks after surgery. Contact sports at 6 weeks. However, you should check with your surgeon since he knows you case specifically. 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and Sports after Nasal Fracture

+1

My recommendation to patients is for them to not exercise vigorously for three weeks following the reduction.  They may return to sports at six weeks following the reduction.

Michael Sundine, MD

Broken nose and exercise

+1

I tell my patients that if they had a nasal fracture and reduction performed that they should wait 4-6 weeks to start vigorous exercise. Best to ask your surgeon.

Exercise and Sports after Closed Reduction of Nasal Fracture

+1

I usually recommend waiting for 2 weeks after nasal surgery for strenuous physical activity and 6-8 weeks before there is risk of nasal trauma. Having said that, follow your surgeon's instructions. 

+1

Please direct this question to your surgeon as I you cannot tell me exactly what procedure was performed. As a general rule, most surgeons will release patients to full physical activity at 1-2 weeks and contact sports at 3 weeks. Ask your surgeon for their specific recommendations. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon