How Long After Childbirth Do I Need to Wait for Lip Fillers?

I am due to havee my third child next week an I was thinking about getting lip fillers after I would like to know if I could get them done a week after or would I have to wait longer

Lip fillers after pregnancy

+1
While technically these fillers could be done at any time after delivery, I would advise waiting until any pregnancy-related facial swelling (or significant weight gain) has resolved, to get an accurate idea of your facial shape & proportions.  This may take 6-8 weeks after delivery.
All the best!

Juvederm and Length of Wait Time Needed for Lip Fillers Post Pregnancy

+1

It is probably best that you wait until after the swelling in your face and body diminishes. Lip enhancements are somewhat of an art. The results need to be in balance with your facial shape and features. If your face is swollen and you undergo lip augmentation, you may not be happy with the outcome once your entire body has returned to its normal proportions. 

When you are ready, you may want to consider Juvederm as a dermal filler. The results are usually quite natural in appearance. Much of this is due to the fact that it is made of a natural sugar found in your body called hyaluronic acid, which not only augments tissue, but hydrates it too.

Also the outcome will depend on the skill of the physician in being able to achieve the right level of volume and overall shape. It is best to choose a board certified dermatologist who specializes in lip augmentation. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

As soon as you feel that you have lost most of the post delivery swelling in your face you could have Restylane or Juvederm injected for your lip augmentation.  Be sure the MD, you choose understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of the proper aesthetic proportion of beautiful, full lips.

Lip filler after child birth

+1

You m ay want to wait a few months until yoru body kind of "equilibrates" from the delivery.  Your weight will initially be higher than normal and you certainly will be retaining alot of water all factors in may distort your normal appearance. If breast feeding I would probably delay fillers as well.

It may be best to wait 1-2 months after your pregnancy to proceed with Lip Augmentation.

+1

Great question. Many women experience facial swelling during the last trimester of pregnancy, and it can take a month or two for this to completely dissipate after you give birth.

I have had the experience of injecting one of my patient's lips 10 days after she gave birth, and her lips looked over-corrected for several weeks. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Enjoy your new baby, and schedule a lip augmentation 1-2 months after you give birth.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can have Juvéderm® or Restylane® for your lips whenever you like.

+1

The hyaluronan based fillers are very safe, and will not interfere with pregnancy or nursing.

I have had some patients come in for Juvéderm® and/or BOTOX® treatment before their baby was due, because they knew they would be very busy AFTER the baby was born.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon