How Long After Cellulaze to Back of Thighs Before Smartlipo Can Performed on Same Area?

I recently had Cellulaze, just wondering if Smartlipo could be performed on the same area below the Buttock, "Banana Roll" is what I think I have heard this referred as?? I Would like to think about it over the winter, any rules on areas already treated with Cellulaze and how long afterwards would be safe to smartlipo that "bulge" under each cheek? I do realize that the Cellulaze can be working for up to one year after procedure, so I am just trying to do my homework ahead of time. Thanks

Smart Lipo after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  I would recommend at least 3 months after the Cellulaze procedure before attempting the Smart Lipo in the same area.  Since the Celulaze skin tightening has already be done, the Smart Lipo skin tightening is no necessary.  I hope this helps and best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

SmartLipo following Cellulaze

+1

Having SmartLipo after Cellulaze is definitely a possibility.  The effects of Cellulaze can take a minimum of 3 months and usually up to 6 months to become evident.  Therefore, I would recommend waiting 3-6 months before proceeding with SmartLipo in the same area.  Be careful with how much fat is removed from the "banana roll" as you can lose too much volume and then affect the shape of the rest of the buttock.

Naveen Setty, MD

Smart Lipo after Cellulaze

+1

If you've already had Cellulaze to the "banana roll", I would recommend waiting 3-6 months to have anything further done.  Cellulaze can improve the appearance dramatically but smoothing the texture as well as causing tissue contraction.  For this area in particular you don't want to diminish volume so much that the buttock itself is effected and starts to droop. Conservative Smart Lipo is a good option given enough time.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Lipo & Cellulaze

+1

You can absolutely have Smartlipo done on the same area, but I recommend waiting until you are completely healed and the swelling has subsided.  This would be at least 6-8 months after the Cellulaze procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Lipo after Cellulaze

+1

Since you have already had your Cellulaze procedure, I would recommend you wait at least 3-6 months before you opt for liposuction in the same area. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

I perform Cellulaze and SmartLipo on the same day in selected patients.

+1

In skilled hands a combined procedure with Cellulaze and SmartLipo can be performed successfully on the same day in selected patients. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

In good medical judgement I would wait a minimum of 3 moths but 6 months would be the  my choice. Regards