How Long After a Breast Reduction and Lift Before I Can Run Without Hurting the Result?

Exercise following reduction.

+1

Thanks for the question.  I typically tell my patients that they can begin doing non-impact, aerobic exercise at 3 weeks in a very controlled fashion.  By 6 weeks they can resume impact related exercise.  Hope that helps.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Exercise?

+1

Thanks for the  question. Congratulations on having undergone breast reduction surgery;  it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Generally, it is best to follow your surgeon's  guidelines in regards to return to activity/ exercise. Most of my patients are able to return to this type of activity about 4 to 6 weeks after the breast reduction surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Exercise after breast reduction

+1

I generally advise patients to refrain from exercise for about four weeks post-op and to resume with a regimen that involves the lower body. Begin with walking on a treadmill and increase the speed over several weeks. Many of my breast reduction patients had exercise intolerance preoperatively because of back and shoulder pain so I'd have concern about them undertaking an aggressive exercise program rather than easing into a new lifestyle.

Exercise after a breast reduction

+1

I usually reserve very aggressive exercise like heavy lifting  to be delayed for about 4-6 weeks. Every doctor is differerent so ask yours.

Exercise after Breast Reduction

+1

If you have had an uncomplicated postoperative course, the simple answer is 6 weeks. However, you could return sooner if your surgeon approves.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/

Running after Breast Surgery

+1

I usually recommend that my patients wait 4-6 weeks following augmentation, breast rduction, or mastopexy to begin running and only then wearing a good athletic bra.  This is a question, however, that should be addressed to your surgeon with whom you have invested a good bit of time and money.