Breast Lift w/ Implants & Mini Tummy Tuck - When Can I Sit in the Sun?

How Long After a Breast Lift with Implants and a Mini Tummy Can You Sit out in the Sun?

Sun Tanning and Surgery Scars

+1

In our San Francisco Bay Area practice patients regularly ask us when we recommend they go tanning  (indoor and outdoor) before and after their cosmetic surgeries. While we never recommend tanning, we generally advise that patients refrain from all tanning from two weeks prior until one month after surgical procedures. Scars that are better protected from the sun tend to have a less noticeable appearance than ones that are exposed to the sun so we also recommend covering/protecting scars for at least up to a year.

Sun tanning after surgery

+1

Sun tanning is not good period. But if you are going out in the sun with new scars, it is best to cover them with sun block.