How Long After Breast Augmentation Surgery, Will I Be my Final Bra Size?

I just dont want to go buy a bunch of bras if they are going to change I am currently 1 month and a few days post op. I am hoping they dont change much at all.

Final Bra Size After Augmentation

+3

Most women don't reach their "final" size until about 3 months after surgery, however, the amount of change you will see over the next two months will be subtle. It is OK to buy a bra or two now, but hold off on the bulk of bra shopping until about 3 months to ensure your money is well spent.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Bra size after breast augmentation

+2

I would suggest a couple of transitional bras for the first 2 months or so.  Then you can go shopping with a good idea of the final size so the bras fit best.  Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

How soon to buy Post op Bras after BA?

+2

I feel that post operative location of the implant will dictate how soon to buy bras. If your implants were placed under the muscle, then consequently it wil be longer before your implants drop into their final postion, I would estimate 6-8 weeks. Implants placed just on top of the muscle will be in a normal location much earlier and you could buy a bra at 3-4 weeks. Have Fun, go on line and look at the Le Mystere #9 bra, it was designed for an augmented breast. Happy hunting.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Final Cup Size

+2

You are only 1 month out of surgery and I would tell my patients to wait before buying bras because in my experience, things still change for the first 3-6 months (each pt is different). Don't buy all of your bras just yet, wait a few more months.

Bra size after augmentation

+1

Give your breasts about 3-4 months to settle and for the majoirty of the swelling to dissipate before buying a wardrobe of bras.

Final Bra Size After Breast Augmentation

+1
A woman will have her final bra size after breast augmentation when the breast implants have settled into their final position. There is some variation among patients but in general it will happen in 2-4 months so the average (3 months) is a good time to make this investment. My experience has been that silicone gel implants settle in a little quicker than saline, so the answer for most women with silicone breast implants is about 2 months. Before you go on a shopping spree, ask the opinion of your plastic surgeon.

Joseph Fata, MD

+1

I feel 3 months is a good time frame for all the swelling to be gone and try on some sample bras. Healing can be as short as a month. 

+1

Dear KBinWa,

You should be mostly healed one month after breast augmentation. However, the breast implants generally take a few months to "settle" into position. I would suggest shopping for a new bra collection two to three months after surgery.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD