How Long After Breast Augmentation Can You Raise Your Arms?

I am a hair stylist and can't afford a month off work. I raise my arms all day long. Will I be able to go back to work in a week or two at the most? Thanks all for your time in answering.

VIDEO ARM EXERCISE after breast implant augmentation

+3

Arm exercise recommendations (such as shown in attached VIDEO)  vary tremendously with many limiting any such activity for several weeks while others allow immediate movement over the head even in the recovery room. I am one of the latter. I am providing a link to a video which describes the exercises we advise our patients to perform immediately after surgery. Please discuss with your surgeon first.!

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

When Can you start Raising your Arms after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Regarding : "How Long After Breast Augmentation Can You Raise Your Arms?
I am a hair stylist and can't afford a month off work. I raise my arms all day long. Will I be able to go back to work in a week or two at the most? Thanks all for your time in answering
."

Resuming normal arm movements is very important with breast surgery. You are NOT going to hurt anything by moving your arms and should start doing so right after surgery. However, I would not lift anything heavier than a few pounds for 2 weeks after surgery the reason being that strong muscle contractions MAY shift the implant high and to the side from its rightful position.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Raise your arms the night of your surgery--back to work in a week or two

+1

You should be able to raise your arms fully the night of your breast augmentation.  That doesn't mean you should be doing any lifting, though, so you'll still need to take a week or two off work.  If you had a desk job, you could go back after just a weekend, but you use your arms much more with your job.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.