How Long After Having a Baby Can Someone Get a BBL?

BBL after Pregnancy

+2

I typically recommend at least waiting 6 months before having any procedure after giving birth to a child.  This give your body time to get back to it's pre-pregnancy state and complete breast feeding.

Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

You need to wait till you are finished breast feeding and completely dry. and wait at least 6-9 months before having any surgery. Remember also that you are taking care of a baby and need time to heal

+2

Thank you for your question, I regularly advise my patients to wait at least eight to nine months before having any cosmetic surgery, for their body to heal completely and finish breastfeeding.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BABY AND SURGERY

+2

Congrats on the baby, I usually ask women to wait around 9 months to a year after a pregnancy before surgery. I like for all the hormones to be stabilized as this may effect healing. Also I prefer for the weight of the patient to be stable. If you are not breast feeding I may do surgery earlier

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Brazilian Butt Lift after Childbirth

+1

Although there is no literature on that specific question, we can consider that childbirth is a huge stress on the body- just like a major surgery.  Recommendations for repeat general anesthesia for elective cases is to wait at least 3 months in between surgeries to minimize the risk of blood clots forming in the legs (one of the major risks of this surgery).  Therefore, I would recommend waiting at least this long, and until your weight is stable and you feel like your body is back to your physical baseline.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

+1

You probably need at least 3 months.  You should have reached a stable weight.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA