How Long Do Adults Wear Braces to Straighten Teeth?

Is there a timeline my dentist will follow for treatment? What can I expect at each stage?

How long in braces

+1

Time in braces depends on many things including the difficulty of the problem, cooperation of the patient, skill of the orthodontist etc, etc..  Any experienced orthodontist should be able to give you a good estimate of your treatment time based on experience with similar problems...but remember that this is always an estimate and everbodies teeth move at different rates.

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Adult treatment time varies depending on complexity of case

+1

Hi

The time in treatment for adults will depend on the complexity of the case as well as the treatment goals and objectives that want to be accomplished as well as good patient compliance. Some treatment can last as short as 6 months while other treatment can take about two years. Your orthodontist will best be able to gauge your treatment time when you have an initial consult, but this is only an estimate. Broken brackets and missed appointments can delay treatment time.

New York Orthodontist