I Have Had my Saline Breast Implants in for 8 Years and They Itch All the Time. WHY?

I am desperate for answers. Why do my breasts itch all the time? My saline implants have been in for 8 years. I'm having a hard time believing this in "nerve endings" after 8 years. I'm in search of honesty and clinical findings.

Implants should not itch

+1

the implants themselves don't illicit a reaction that should cause any itching. If the implants are very large and have considerable stretch on the skin it can lead to issues. Itching however is very uncommon. A dermatologist might be able to sort out the origin. Best of Luck!

Itching of the breasts

+1

Breast implants are inert and would be an unlikely cause of itching.  You may want to be examined by a dermatologist to determine any outer likely causes for your problem.  

Itching Not Likely Secondary To Saline Implants

+1
Your itching is not likely secondary to saline implants after 8 years.  You should consider consulting with a Dermatologist to rule out an undiagnosed skin condition. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Itching with implants

+1

I doubt that itching is the result of the implants. Of course, it is best to be evaluated but you probably should see a dermatologist or allergist.

Itching with Saline Implants after 8 Years

+1

If you are having itching of the breasts and you are convinced they are the result of the implants, you may want to have your plastic surgeon examine you.  You can always have the implants removed, but I would not expect the itching to improve.