What Shape Buttocks Do I Have and Am I Suitable for BBL? (photo)

i am wondering whether I need to lose weight before my surgery, I really am unhappy with my excess fat around my top inner thigh bulge , stomach and back fat. I am 30lbs over my ideal top weight, I am 5ft 3 and 158 lbs. My max ideal weight is 128lbs. I think I have flat square buttocks...I have firm elastic skin, no stretch marks, two pregnancies, stomach unchanged after both pregnancies. Thank you in advance!

What shape is your Buttocks?

+3

In order to obtain the best results, you need to have some excess fat that you want to have removed and transferred to your buttocks.  But, if you have excess fat in areas that you don't plan to have liposuctioned, then it's better to lose the weight before surgery than afterwards.  If you lose it afterwards, your buttocks will shrink as well.  It's always best to get to your goal weight before surgery. 
Consult a Plastic Surgeon experienced in this procedure.  Discuss with them your goals and get their opinion as to what would be a good weight for you after examining you in person. 

As far as what shape buttocks you have....
I always find it much more valuable for patients to know what shape buttocks they want to have.  You can look in the mirror or photos and see what shape it currently is.  But, do you know what shape you want it to be? That is what you must know when you consult a plastic surgeon.

Good candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

I perform a lot of Brazilian Butt Lifts in my Atlanta surgery center.  In my experience, women who are 10-15 pounds over their ideal body weight have GREAT results.  This generally gives me plenty enough fat to harvest and leaves you looking great and not needing to lose a lot (if any) more weight after surgery.  You are describing excellent skin with good elasticity so I am anticipating you will have wonderful results from the liposuction portion of the procedure as well.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Yes you should wait up to be only 10-12 lbs overweight/ si deberia de esperar a que estes no mas alla de 10-12 lbs de sobrepeso

+2

you should wait in order to get a fabolous results to loose weight in order to stay 10-12 lbs overweight that is the ideal shape to realize BBL, you are young  and motivated to get it so go ahed loose some lbs more and ready.

deberias de esperar a que estes  pasada no mas alla de 10-12 lbs para obtener un resultado fabuloso porque reunes todos los requisitos para ello, joven, motivada y pocas lbs aun faltan por perder

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

YES! As you have described you have a boxy shape. You are not overweight and will benefit just from the body contouring that is performed with the lipo. The fat transfer is a added plus!!

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Lipo is not for weight loss

+1

You should lose the weight first and then discuss liposuction with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will give you the options and tell you what works best.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD