Red Spider Veins on Implants? (photo)

Hi I started developping these red spider veins at the bottom of my implants.... they are scattered around a vein popping out.....feels a bit like its bulging out...even painful a bit.... could it be a hematoma or seroma... I am 2,5 months postop, started working out again, running, lovemaking, carrying heavy things,and started to wear a sports bra....my photos are a bit fuzzy but its red spider veins around a vein bulging out... is it from the running.... Do I need to worry..? Thanks a lot

Red Spider Veins on Implants

+1

The red veins by themselves are not of great concern.  However, if there is any other concern about the implants and you have pain, you need to have a physical exam by your plastic surgeon.

Red Spider Veins on Implant

+1

It does not appear that you have anything to worry about. I would say that you really should let your surgeon see this to give you the best advice. If they are small veins then likely they will resolve over time and go away. If you think this is an area where the skin has thinned and the implants are at risk then you need to see your surgeon sooner than later, but this does not seem like a big problem.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Veins on breast

+1

It is best to be seen in person. I too would have originally thought of a Mondor's cord based upon your description but it does not look like that in the photos. Best to ask your surgeon on exam.

Red Spider Veins on Implants?

+1

Yes the posted photos are really of no help. At first I thought of Mondors Syndrome but you do not state a "cord" effect, next I thought of stretching causing capillary growth. Again very hard to diagnose over the internet. BEST course is to see your operative surgeon ASAP. 

Concerns about Spider Veins after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to answering your questions/concerns precisely. However, generally speaking I do not think that you need to “worry" about the presence of the veins.  Whether you are experiencing early stretch marks or visible veins,  is very likely that the appearance of the area will improve with time. 

On the other hand, if you feel or see a “bulge",  you should be evaluated in person.Again, given your recent surgical history and concerns,  best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis, advice and/or reassurance.

Spider veins and firm hard painful vein near incision- what is this?

+1

Hello Lovestar,

Tips to know about soft tissue healing after breast augmentation:

1.  the skin and tissue stretch, often a lot, after the surgery 

2.  in response, the blood supply/circulation adjusts and there can be some greater visibility of the veins and arteries through this thin, tight skin, especially after exercise , like running.  It is usually along the lower pole of the breast.  HOWEVER, if the area is generally pink and/or warm, it could be a sign of something more serious and regardless, you should return to your doctor for a follow up exam.

3.  there can also be a "banjo" like cord near the breast crease incision that is tender and firm to the touch, this can be a tiny vein that is divided during the surgery and is now resorbing, healing.  Massaging this will help the healing and encourage it to resolve

Thanks for asking,

Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon